What is AlgoMesh?
AlgoMesh® is a powerful mesh generator and groundwater modeling tool. It provides fast generation of high-quality unstructured grids for MODFLOW-USG, HydroGeoSphere™ and other finite-volume and finite-element simulation software. Scroll down to see the full list of features.
A fully-functional 30-day trial of the software is available on request. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a trial.
AlgoMesh is available at the price of A$1950* for a single-node license. Click here to buy now, or contact us for other purchasing options. Discounts are available on request for academic use of the software, and for multiple license purchases.
* Pricing is in Australian Dollars (AUD) and excludes taxes. Customers in Australia will be charged an additional 10% GST at checkout.
We accept online payments by VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Diners Club cards. If you would like to pay in a currency other than AUD, or to pay by purchase order, please get in touch with us and we will issue you with a formal quotation.
Rapidly generate high-quality unstructured Voronoi and triangular grids
- Choice of state-of-the-art mesh generation algorithms
- High-quality multi-level optimization
- Fast Delaunay refinement
- Default parameter settings and quality presets allow generation of good meshes without much need for parameter adjustment
- Optional advanced parameter settings allow fine-tuning of generated meshes to optimize cell quality and minimize the number of cells
Flexible Geometry Input
- Import points, polylines and polygons from GIS or CAD data, or digitize manually in the AlgoMesh user interface
- Easily create holes or cut out unnecessary areas of a model
- Resample polylines for precise control over input point spacing and resulting mesh cell sizes
- Fixed or geometric intervals between points
- Easily adjust sampling intervals and regenerate the mesh from the same input geometry, without the need to import again each time
- Fit cubic spline curves to input polylines to represent curvilinear model features
- Splines have adjustable tension to control curve shape, from smoothly curving (low tension) to almost linear (high tension)
Powerful Modeling Tools
- Create any number of property value fields to be sampled over a model
- Anything from a set of sample points with associated values (e.g. a regular grid) to a complex polygonal domain may be used
- Interpolate property values at any point in the mesh
- Export interpolated property values at mesh cell centers or vertices to CSV or common GIS formats
- Select cells at boundaries, along streamlines, at points or within polygons, to aid in constructing model boundary conditions.
- Export generated meshes to MODFLOW-USG model files
- Single or multiple layers
- Steady-state or transient
- Voronoi cells guarantee perpendicular flow directions between cells for accurate finite-volume simulation
- Map TIN-interpolated or polygon property fields to cell properties
- Layer bottom and top elevations
- Hydraulic conductivity (Kx, Kz)
- Specific storage
- Specific yield
- Initial head
- Use property fields to generate model boundary condition files
- Pumping wells (WEL)
- Drains (DRN)
- Constant head boundaries (CHD)
- General head boundaries (GHB)
- Recharge (RCH)
- Evapotranspiration (EVT)
- Rivers (RIV)
- Time-Variant Materials (TVM)
- ... and more to come!
- Import CSV files to directly map boundary conditions and property data on a per-cell basis
- Export interpolated property values at cell centers to assist in manual creation of input files for other MODFLOW-USG packages
- Use Lateral Connection Groups to precisely control the generation of lateral flow connections in the MODFLOW-USG discretization file
- Create vertically-nested grids (vertical sub-discretization)
- Generate cross-strata connections to simulate flow across vertical faults
- Construct vertical flow barriers that block lateral flow entirely
- Import binary head and drawdown results from MODFLOW-USG as property fields
- Export to CSV for visualization in other software (e.g. Surfer®)
- Reuse steady-state heads as initial heads in a transient simulation
- Automatically interpolate heads onto a new or modified mesh
- Create high-quality 2D triangular meshes and export in .AH2 format for use in fully-integrated HydroGeoSphere™ (HGS) models
- HGS grok script command "read algomesh 2d grid" allows building a 3D HGS model from an .AH2 file
- Select node and element sets within polygons, along polyline paths, or manually, and export nchos and echos format selection sets to build boundary conditions.
Interoperation with Other Tools
- Use AlgoMesh as a powerful alternative mesh generator for FEFLOW®
- Optionally import FEFLOW® ASCII supermesh (.smh) files
- Export triangular mesh shapefiles for import into FEFLOW®
- Import points, polylines and polygons from many common GIS and CAD formats
- SHP, DXF, DGN, MID/MIF, GML, BNA, GEOJSN, XYZ and more
- Export cell geometry, vertices and vertex property values to many common GIS formats
- SHP, MID/MIF, GML, BNA, GEOJSON and more
- MODFLOW-USG export creates VTK format files for 3D visualization with ParaView®
Refer below for details on new versions of AlgoMesh as they are released:
AlgoMesh is a registered trademark of HydroAlgorithmics Pty Ltd.
HydroGeoSphere is a trademark of Aquanty, Inc. See www.aquanty.com for more information.
FEFLOW is a registered trademark of DHI-WASY GmbH. See www.feflow.info for more information.
ParaView is a registered trademark of Kitware, Inc. See www.paraview.org for more information.
Surfer is a registered trademark of Golden Software, Inc. See www.goldensoftware.com for more information.